- 2006-10-03: The oldest standing building in Australia is Captain James Cook's house, brought over from England brick by brick.
- 2006-01-04: The longest Monopoly game ever played took 1,680 hours (70 days). The longest Monopoly game ever played in a bathtub took 99 hours.
- 2004-10-27: The story of Dracula and vampires is the most filmed story of all time.
- 2004-10-26: The heaviest pumpkin in the world weighed 1385 pounds. This gigantic gourd was weighed in October of 2003 at a pumpkin festival in Canby, Oregon.
This record is not in Guinness's World Records. They list one a few pounds lighter.
- 2004-10-13: The highest human body temperature recorded was 46.1°C (115°F). Body temperatures of 42.8°C (109°F) can be fatal.
- 2004-10-05: In 1963, Randy Gardner set the world record for staying awake: 264 continuous hours (11 days).
- 2004-10-05: The heaviest human brain ever recorded weighed about 2.3 kg (5 lb 1.1 oz).
- 2004-09-09: The Fresh Kills Landfill site on Staten Island, New York, opened in 1948. It's the world's largest landfill, covering 2,900 acres and received about 14,000 tons of garbage a day, peaking during 1986-1987 with 29,000 tons of garbage daily. It received it's last load of waste March 22, 2001.
- 2004-08-31: The heaviest pumpkin weighted 1337 pounds.
- 2004-08-31: The world's largest ball of twine weighs over 17,000 pounds.
- 2004-08-26: The largest cheese ever made weighed 57,508 pounds.
- 2004-08-06: The most tennis balls gathered and held by a dog in its mouth is 5.
- 2004-08-06: The tallest man was Robert Pershing Wadlow, measured at 8' 11.1". He was born in 1918 and died when he was 22.
- 2004-08-06: Andy Roddick served the fastest tennis ball in 2004 at 150 mph.
- 2004-08-06: Fred Rompelberg achieved the fastest bicycle speed in 1995. He was pedaling up to 167 mph.
- 2004-07-06: The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
The world's youngest mother was 5. (More)
- 2004-07-06: The world's youngest pope was 18 years old – Pope John XII (955-964).
- 2004-05-14: The state record walleye for Minnesota weighs 17 pounds, 8 ounces and is 35.8 inches long.
- 2004-05-14: The largest fish caught in Minnesota was a lake sturgeon and it weighed 94 pounds, 4 ounces. It was caught in the Kettle River in Pine County.
- 2004-03-26: As of Nov. 15, 2003, the best selling album of all time was Eagles: Their Greatest Hits.
- 2004-03-12: The fastest production road car in the world is the McLaren F1 XP5, with a top speed of 240.3 mph.
- 2004-03-12: The fastest American production car is the 1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S (or Dodge Dart Hemi S/S) with a 426 Hemi V8. 1/4 mile time of 10.5 seconds at 130 mph.